|Double Chocolate Cookie Cakes |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 23 mins
Total time: 33 mins
Double chocolate flavored pizza cookies decorated with fall themed M&Ms and frosting.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, (I used Hershey's Dark)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup extra dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick foil or circles of parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, using low speed of an electric mixer, beat the butter, shortening and cocoa powder until well mixed. Gradually add both sugars, increasing speed to medium and scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg. When well mixed, add the salt and baking powder and beat until incorporated.
- By hand, gradually stir in the flour, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter in half and spread each half in a lined cake pan for form a circle. Leave a 1/2 inch gap between the dough and the edge of the pan.
- Bake cookies on center rack at 325F for 20 minutes or until set.
- Let cool completely in pan. When cool, lift from pan and frost with your favorite frosting.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/09/double-chocolate-cookie-cake/