Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
A gingersnap spin on oatmeal cookies -- or vice versa!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup regular or butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- Additional sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line some cookie sheets with parchment.
- Mix flour, baking soda, ginger, salt and cloves together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream shortening and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the egg and molasses. With a mixing spoon, stir in the flour mixture – stir until almost blended, then add oats and stir until fuflly blended.
- Shape into small (about 1 inch) balls and if desired, roll in sugar. Place 12 to a cookie sheet and flatten slightly with palm of hand or bottom of a glass. Bake for 10 minutes, being careful not to overbake.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/06/oatmeal-gingersnaps/