Author: Cookie Madess
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Biscuit recipe made with Greek yogurt
- 7 tablespoons (one stick minus a tablespoon) unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Voskos honey flavored yogurt, full fat type
- Extra melted butter for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the butter in the freezer until it is very cold -- about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, thoroughly mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a large grater, grate the cold butter over the flour mixture. Toss it with a fork (or your fingers) until it appears coarse and crumbly.
- Add the yogurt and stir to make a dough that's slightly sticky, but thick enough to be cut. Divide dough in half. Working one half at a time, press dough into a blob about 3/4 inch thick and cut three rounds using the rim of a glass or a biscuit cutter. You may have to cut two, then gather the scraps for third.. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Arrange dough on baking sheet and brush tops with melted butter.
- Put the biscuits in the hot 450 degree oven.
- Reduce heat to 400F.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/?p=19844