|One Bowl Oatmeal Raisin Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
An easy oatmeal raisin cookie you can make in one bowl. No mixer required!
- 2 cups all-purpose or Ultragrain flour (9 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon plus an extra pinch of salt
- 1 cup granulated or "natural" granulated sugar (evaporated cane juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, more if you really love cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mild molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a couple of baking sheets with nonstick foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly stir together all dry ingredients (flour through oats).
- Make a well in the center and add your oil, molasses, egg, yogurt and vanilla.
- With a mixing spoon, stir the liquid ingredients together in the center of the bowl. Add the walnuts and raisins, then stir everything (liquid and dry) all together. You should have a thick, smooth, dough.
- Using a generously rounded tablespoons (equal to 2 level tablespoons), scoop up dough and shape into balls. Arrange about 10 to 13 balls 2 1/2 inches apart on each baking sheet. Press the balls down slightly to make 3/4 inch rounds.
- Bake one sheet at a time on center rack for about 10 minutes or until the cookies are set. Let cool on baking sheet for about 3 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/09/one-bowl-oatmeal-raisin-cookies/