|One Bowl Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 13 mins
A chocolate oatmeal cookie recipe with slightly less fat than most.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or Ultragrain flour, aerate and measure carefully
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, Hershey's Dark**
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup oats, quick or old fashioned
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or vegetable)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a couple of baking sheets with nonstick foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly stir together all dry ingredients (flour through oats).
- Make a well in the center and add your oil, egg, yogurt and vanilla.
- With a mixing spoon, stir the liquid ingredients together in the center of the bowl. Add the chocolate chips, then stir everything (liquid and dry) all together. You should have a thick, smooth, dough.
- Using a rounded tablespoon, scoop up dough and shape into balls. Arrange about 10 to 12 balls 2 1/2 inches apart on each baking sheet. Press the balls down slightly to make 3/4 inch rounds.
- Bake one sheet at a time on center rack for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are set. Let cool on baking sheet for about 3 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Calories: 124 Fat: 5 Protein: 2
**I used Hershey's Dark, but "Natural" would probably work too.
These cookies get their fat from the oil, egg and chocolate chips. You can reduce the fat by using a smaller amount of chocolate chips.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/09/one-bowl-double-chocolate-oatmeal-cookies/