|One Bowl Criss-Cross Peanut Butter Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
One Bowl Criss-Cross Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 stick (115 grams) unsalted butter, softened**
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) packed dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (96 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (260 grams) peanut butter, smooth or chunky (less sweet peanut butters work best)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour (6 oz/168 grams))—if you don’t sift, use 1 1/3 cup
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips (or however many you want)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C). Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper or leave ungreased/un-lined.
- Beat the butter and both sugars together. Beat in the peanut butter and egg; Scrape sides of bowl and beat in the salt, baking soda and vanilla. When well blended, add flour and stir until it is blended. Stir in the chips.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls (or scoop with a #70 scoop) and arrange on cookie sheets about 2 1/2-inches apart. Flatten balls with a fork making criss-cross patterns; Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges.
- Makes about 3 dozen
- **If you only have salted butter you can use that, but reduce the salt in the recipe to about 1/4 teaspoon.
- **If you have some, try adding about 1/4 teaspoon of chipotle powder to the batter.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/07/one-bowl-criss-cross-peanut-butter-cookies/