|Low Fat Banana Bread Squares |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Squares of reduced fat banana bread made in a mini bar cookie pan
- 1 1/2 large bananas, whole (very ripe)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar or sweetener equivalent
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7/8 cup (4 ounces) all-purpose, Ultragrain or white whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk or milk mixed with 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 12 indentation mini bar pan with flour-added baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana with a hand-held electric mixer or a spoon (depending on ripe it is). Beat in the sugar and the egg and continue beating until smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla and oil, then beat in the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- By hand, stir in the flour, then stir in the milk.
- Divide the batter equally among all 12 indentations and bake on center rack for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then carefully remove from the pan.
Calories: 81 Fat: 1g Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 18mg
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/01/low-fat-mini-banana-bread-squares/