|Voskos Greek Yogurt Pound Cake |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 76 mins
Total time: 1 hour 26 mins
A simple lemon pound cake made with Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups (6.8 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup Voskos Greek Yogurt (original), room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 packed teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch metal loaf pan or line inside with nonstick foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, both sugars, salt, baking soda, ginger and nutmeg. Stir thoroughly.
- Make a deep well in the center of the flour mixture and add the yogurt, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and eggs.
- With a large mixing spoon (I like using a heavy duty silicone scraper), mix the liquid ingredients together in the well, then mix the dry ingredients into the liquid and continue stirring until blended. Do not over-beat.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and bake on center rack for about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan.
- When cool, prepare icing by mixing all icing ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over cake and let set.
For the oil, I used canola.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/10/voskos-greek-yogurt-pound-cake/