|Revised Version of Michelle Obama's Cookie |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Cookie similar to Michelle Obama's
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored solid vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup extra dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups toasted and chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Have ready two ungreased baking sheets.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl.
- Using medium-high speed of an electric mixer, beat the butter, vegetable shortening, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium and beat in the eggs, beating just until mixed.
- By hand, stir in the flour mixture. When flour mixture is incorporated, stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
The original recipe says it makes 60 cookies, but I make mine slightly larger and get around 48.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/11/presidential-cookies-recipes/