Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 18 mins
Total time: 33 mins
Ann Romney’s M&M Cookies – Original Version
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup (such as Karo)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup M&M's candies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat sugars, butter, peanut butter and corn syrup on high speed until creamy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Beat in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oats and baking soda. Stir into peanut butter mixture until combined. Mix in chocolate chips and M&M's.
- Using about a 1/4 cup measure, drop dough onto baking sheets (about 9 per sheet). Press tops down slightly.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/11/presidential-cookies-recipes/