|Hungry Jack Potato Flake Buckeyes |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 45 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 46 mins
Peanut Butter Buckeyes made with Hungry Jack Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1/2 cup Hungry Jack® Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, I used 2
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips or 6 ounces of melting chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- Combine potato flakes and water in large bowl. Allow to stand 2 minutes or until potato flakes are fully hydrated.
- Beat in peanut butter, butter and almond extract with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until smooth. Make 36 1-inch balls using 2 teaspoonfuls of mixture for each ball.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip peanut butter balls partially into chocolate, keeping the top uncovered. Chill until chocolate has hardened.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/10/hungry-jack-potato-flake-buckeyes/