|Special K Marshmallow Treats |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Rice Krispies Treats made with Special K
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10.5 ounce bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups Special K
- Line a 9 inch square pan with nonstick foil. Alternatively, line with regular foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large (3 quart), preferably non-stick saucepan or a slightly larger pot, melt the butter over medium heat. When it's about halfway melted, add the salt and swirl it around.
- Add the marshmallows and stir over medium heat until they're about halfway melted, then reduce heat slightly and continue stirring until they are fully melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the cereal (it will seem like a lot) and stir until fully mixed, then press into the pan and let cool completely.
- Lift from pan and cut into squares.
If you use salted butter, omit the salt.
If you like a gooey and less stiff bar, use 5 cups of cereal instead of 6.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/10/special-marshmallow-treats/