Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 240 mins
Total time: 4 hours 10 mins
Peppermint cheesecake made with Candy Cane Oreos and Andes Mint Chips
- 15 Candy Cane Oreos
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water, cold
- 16 ounces (2 packs) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Chips
- In a food processor in a zipper bag with a rolling pin, crush the cookies. Combine the cookie crumbs and butter and press into the bottom of a 9 inch round springform pan. Chill until ready to use.
- In a metal bowl, whip the cream and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the cold water and gelatin. Turn heat to medium and stir until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the gelatin mixture, milk and vanilla. Stir in the peppermint chips. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour cheese mixture over the crust and chill for a few hours or until firm.
The crust was pretty thin, but I only had 15 Oreos to work with. Next time I might use 22 and increase the butter to 3 Tablespoons.
Adding pink would be a nice touch, or you could use green Andes bits and dye the cake green.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/11/peppermint-cheesecake-with-candy-cane-oreo-crust/