|All-Bran Chocolate Chip Bars |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
A chocolate chip cookie bar made with whole-wheat flour and All-Bran® cereal.
- 1 1/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, stir well, aerate and measure lightly
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, stir well, aerate and measure lightly
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Line a 9x13 inch metal pan with nonstick foil or regular foil. If using regular foil, spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together bran cereal, flours, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together oil, egg and sugar. Stir in vanilla and water. Add cereal mixture, stirring until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly in the pan. Sprinkle nuts over the top (if using).
- Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely, then lift from pan and cut into 16 or 24 bars or squares.
For a half batch, halve all the ingredients and just use 2 tablespoons of lightly beaten egg. Bake in an 8 inch square metal pan for about 25 minutes.
This recipe is from the All Bran recipe collection.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/11/all-bran-chocolate-chip-bars/