|Smooth Strawberry Cheesecake |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 250 mins
Total time: 4 hours 30 mins
Smooth Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, if using unsalted then add a pinch of salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 8 ounce package softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) package of frozen strawberries, thawed
- About 2/3 cup milk -- amount will vary
- 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Extra sugar if making the puree
- Sweetened whipped cream (garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Combine the crumbs, sugar and butter and press into bottom of a 9 inch round cheesecake pan. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
- In a metal bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Drain the juice from the thawed strawberries. Add enough milk to make 1 cup liquid, and stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Put the water in a small saucepan. Add the gelatin and stir over low heat until dissolved. Gradually add the dissolved gelatin to the cheesecake mixture.
- Divide the reserved strawberries in half. Puree about half of them and add to the batter. You will use the rest for the topping, so keep the processor handy.
- Fold the whipped cream into the batter, then pour the mixture into the cheesecake pan and chill for a few hours or until firm.
- To make the strawberry puree topping, puree the remaining strawberries and add sugar to taste. Garnish cheesecake with the strawberry puree and sweetened whipped cream.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/11/smooth-strawberry-cheesecake/