Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
An easy pie with a brownie-like filling
- 9 inch deep dish pie shell, unbaked or partially baked if you like a crisper crust
- 3/4 cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup toasted and chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. and set the pie shell on a baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. Let cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and egg yolk for about 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar and continue beating for another minute or so. Beat in the salt and vanilla, then scrape in the melted chocolate. By hand, stir in the flour.
- Sprinkle the toasted walnuts across bottom of your pie crust, then pour filling over the nuts. If you used a 9 inch deep dish pie shell, you’ll have a little more filling than you need, so pour just enough filling into the pie crust so that it comes almost to the top rim.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the pie appears set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Serve the pie with ice cream and chocolate syrup.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/12/chocolate-fudge-pie/