|Granola Gifts for Teachers and Make the Bread Buy the Butter Review |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 75 mins
Total time: 1 hour 25 mins
An easy no-stir granola recipe that is perfect for gift giving.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds (I used a mixture of walnuts and pecans)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup melted butter (or 2 T. butter and 2 T. oil)
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix all the ingredients and spread on a cookie sheet. I like to line my sheet with nonstick foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. No need to stir! Reese says you’ll know when it’s done because it will be crunchy and golden.
- Remove from the oven, break apart any large clumps, and cool. Store in plastic bag or 2-quart jar. I am storing it in freezer bags and freezing it until next week, at which point I will divide it up for teachers.
If you're using regular table salt you might want to reduce it to a about 3/8 teaspoon.
If you don't want to use too much maple syrup, you can use half maple syrup and half honey. I always incorporate the honey when I make this.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/12/granola-for-teacher-gifts-and-make-the-bread-buy-the-butter-review/