|Banana Bran Bread from 500 Healthy Recipes |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Banana Bran Bread
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups natural bran
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed bananas or 2 large
- 3/4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, brown rice syrup, honey or agave syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch metal loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, bran, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, yogurt, syrup and oil.
- Add the flour mixture to the yogurt mixture and stir until blended. Pour in the pan and bake on center rack for about 55 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/01/banana-bran-bread-from-5-easy-steps-to-healthy-cooking/