|Joe's Awesome Pear Apple Cranberry Pie with Gingersnap Topping |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 90 mins
Total time: 1 hour 50 mins
Holiday pie made with pears, apples and cranberries
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 gingersnaps (crushed)
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 Bosc pears
- 1 very large (12 oz) Granny Smith apple or 2 small
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Making the topping:
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, gingersnaps, ginger, and salt. Stir in melted butter until large crumbs form.
- Making the filling:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl toss pears, apples, cranberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. In a small bowl toss sugar with cornstarch and then stir this mixture into the fruit.
- Pour filling into pie crust, cover with topping. Set pie on foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 1 ½ hours or until golden brown and filling is bubbling over.
- Excellent served hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/12/joes-awesome-apple-pear-cranberry-pie-with-gingersnap-topping/