|Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Pudding Cake |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 150 mins
Total time: 2 hours 40 mins
Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
- 1 cup (4.5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder cocoa , divided use
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk, I used whole
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, some people use melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- vanilla ice cream
- Butter the bottom third of a 2 1/2 to 3 quart slow cooker.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together the flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons of the cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, oil, and vanilla. Spread batter evenly in slow cooker.
- In the same bowl you used for that mixture, combine the brown sugar and remaining 4 tablespoons cocoa. Stir in hot water until smooth. Pour evenly over batter in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat setting for about 2 1/2 hours.
- When ready to serve, spoon ice cream into bowls, keeping all the ice cream cold as you serve each portion. With a big spoon, scoop up cake and sauce and set next to the ice cream
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/01/slow-cooker-pudding-cake/