|Perfectly Chocolate Bundt Cake |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour
An easy Bundt cake made in one bowl.
- 1 3/4 cups (8 oz) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, natural type
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk (see note if using buttermilk)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water (or coffee)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural or Dutch cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup small or 6 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoon of milk
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a Bundt pan with flour-added baking spray.
- Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add oil, milk, eggs and vanilla. Beat two minutes with electric mixer at medium speed. Stir in water until blended. Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter in the Bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until skewer or pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake sit in the pan for about 10 minutes, then carefully turn it from the Bundt.
- To make the frosting, sift the sugar and set it next to the stove. Keep the cocoa powder handy, too. I don't usually mix the two ahead of time, because I know I'll use all of the cocoa powder, but I don't always use every bit of sugar.
- Combine the butter, marshmallows and milk in a large (3 quart) saucepan. Heat on medium to medium low, stirring often, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa. Add about half the powdered sugar and stir well, then gradually add more until you get just the consistency you want. I usually use it all. Add vanilla and stir until smooth. Pour over the cake, letting it fall down the sides and into the center.
For shiny, heavy Bundt pans use 350 degrees F. For black Bundt pans, use 325F.
if using buttermilk, increase soda to 2 teaspoons and decrease baking powder to 1.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/02/perfectly-chocolate-bundt-cake/