Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 320 mins
Total time: 5 hours 40 mins
An easy Triple Berry Mousse Tart made with Orchard's Finest preserves
- 1 2/3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup quick rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided -- I used about 2 cups
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine (2 teaspoons)
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Northwest Triple Berry Preserves, divided
- 3/4 cup fresh mixed berries such as chopped strawberries, blueberries and/or raspberries (Use more if needed)
- Combine cookie crumbs, oats and brown sugar in medium bowl. Stir in melted butter with a fork until evenly moistened. Press into 8-inch springform pan. If using a 9-inch springform, increase the crust ingredients by about 1/5 (see note).
- Beat 1 cup heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Beat in 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla. Place cream cheese on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 15 to 20 seconds or until very soft. Add to whipped cream, beating until smooth. Pour boiling water over gelatine in small bowl. Stir about 2 minutes or until gelatine is completely dissolved. Beat into cream cheese mixture until blended. Stir in 3/4 cup preserves. Spread over crumb crust. Chill 2 hours or overnight.
- Beat remaining 1/2 cup (or 1 cup) heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Beat in 1 or 2 tablespoon sugars. Place in resealable plastic bag. Cut small corner off bag. Remove outer rim of pan. Place dollops of whipped cream around outside edge of cheesecake. Stir remaining preserves with fresh mixed berries in small bowl. Spoon evenly in center of cheesecake.
If using a 9-inch springform and, you might want to increase the crust ingredients slightly. I used 6 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 cup oats and about 2 cups of Nilla Wafers. Or just leave the measurements as they are for a thin crust.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/03/triple-berry-mousse-tart/