|Double Chocolate Chip Bread |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Two loaves of double chocolate quick bread.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (312 grams)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (43 grams) – I used Callebaut Dutch
- 1/2 tsp salt (I used 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter, melted (I used unsalted)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla – I used two
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce (natural, no-sugar-added, no cinnamon)
- 1 1/2 cup mini (or regular size) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two 9 x 5 loaf pans with nonstick (flour-added) cooking spray. Don't fill the pans more than 2/3 full.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugar until combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and applesauce and mix until well combined. Add the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake side by side for about 50 to 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/03/double-chocolate-chip-bread/