Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 24 mins
Total time: 34 mins
Basic Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 2 cups (9 oz) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil or canola oil
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups grated and finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained dry
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Add the oil and melted butter and stir until mixed, then add the flour mixture and stir until mixed. Stir in the carrots, nuts and pineapple.
- Line about 32 cupcake cups with liners Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes, or until they are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on a rack and frost with your favorite cream cheese icing
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/03/search-for-the-best-carrot-cupcakes-basic-carrot-cupcakes/