|Cream Cheese Filled Pineapple Pound Cake Muffins |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Pineapple pound cake made in muffin cups, filled with cream cheese and topped with streusel.
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon of pineapple extract and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (6 oz) – weight it or sift carefully
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 tablespoons (6 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup well-drained crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoons granulated
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
Icing (optional – see directions)
- Do not preheat the oven yet. Line 12 muffin cups with jumbo size (3 ½ inch type) paper liners.
- Make the cream cheese filling first. In a medium size bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, then beat in vanilla. Set aside.
- Thoroughly mix together the sifted flour, salt and baking powder; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each egg. Beat in the extract(s) and milk. Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended, then stir in the pineapple.
- Divide half the batter evenly among the cupcake cups.
- Put a spoonful of cream cheese filling in the center of each cup, dividing evenly among cups.
- Divide remaining batter evenly among cupcake cups, covering the cream cheese.
- To make the streusel, mix together the sugar and flour, then cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle streusel mixture evenly over the top.
- Put the cupcakes in a cold oven and set it to 325 F. Bake cupcakes for 35 minutes or until a tester inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely. These are best served after they've sat around for a while.
- For the icing, put 2 teaspoons of butter in a large Pyrex measuring cup and melt in the microwave. Add 2/3 cup of confectioners’ sugar and stir until pasty. Add 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla, then add pineapple juice 1 teaspoon at a time until icing is just thin enough to fall nicely from a spoon, but not so thin that it’s a glaze.
These were made with large "jumbo" size cupcake cups. If you want to use regular size cupcake cups, make sure to check the cupcakes after 25 minutes.
This recipe starts in a cold oven.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/04/cream-cheese-filled-pineapple-pound-cake-muffins/