Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
One Bowl Chewy Brownies made in a 9x13 inch pan.
- 1/3 cup (1 ounce) Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil (coconut oil okay)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (17 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 3/4 cups (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch metal pan with nonstick foil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, espresso powder, and boiling water until smooth. Add the unsweetened chocolate and stir until melted. Stir in melted butter and oil. (Mixture may look curdled.) Add egg, yolk, and vanilla and continue to whisk until smooth. Whisk in sugar until fully incorporated. Add flour and salt and mix with rubber spatula until combined. Fold in chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate).
- Scrape batter into pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then grasp foil, lift from pan and let cool completely.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/04/chewy-brownies-made-in-one-bowl/