Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
One Bowl Chewy Brownies made in a 9x13 inch pan.
- 1/3 cup (1 ounce) Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil (coconut oil okay)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (17 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 3/4 cups (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch metal pan with nonstick foil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, espresso powder, and boiling water until smooth.
- Add the unsweetened chocolate and stir until melted. Stir in the oil and melted butter. (Mixture may look curdled.) Add eggs, yolks, and vanilla and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in sugar until fully incorporated. Add flour and salt and mix with rubber spatula until combined. Fold in chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate).
- Scrape batter into pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then grasp foil, lift from pan and let cool completely.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/04/chewy-brownies-made-in-one-bowl/