|Enhanced Orangesicle Cake Mix Cake |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Enhanced Orange Creamsicle Cake
- 1 box (15.2 oz) Pillsbury Orange Creamsicle flavored cake mix
- 1 cup Pillsbury's Best flour or White Lily, stir well or weigh before measuring (4.5 oz)**
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 9 inch round cake pans with sides THAT ARE AT LEAST 2 inches high, with flour-added baking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to mix. With an electric mixer, beat for a full minute, scraping sides of bowl well.
- Divide batter evenly among pans (if you have a scale, you should weigh about 25 oz in each pan).
- Bake for 30 minutes on center rack or until cakes test done. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then carefully invert. Let cool completely.
- Note: I used White Lily and it worked perfectly, but any all-purpose flour should be fine.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/05/enhanced-orangesicle-cake-mix-cake/