Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 22 mins
Total time: 32 mins
A very basic and good brownie recipe. I like to chill them before slicing.
- 12 T. unsalted butter (1 ½ sticks or 6 oz)
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (natural)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 12 walnut halves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9 inch metal pan or line it with parchment or foil. If using foil, spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe mixing bowl. Whisk in the sugar, then whisk in the cocoa powder, followed by the vanilla extract and eggs. When mixture is smooth, add salt and baking powder and whisk thoroughly, breaking up any lumps in baking powder and taking care that it is thoroughly distributed. Scrape sides of bowl and stir (do not beat) in the flour. Pour into pan and spread to edges. Arrange nuts over top.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely and chill before slicing.
- Makes 12 or 16 (depends on how big you cut them)
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/08/one-bowl-cocoa-brownies/