|Basic Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 28 mins
Total time: 38 mins
An easy recipe for pumpkin muffins with an optional streusel topping
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, unsalted or salted
- 1 1/2 cups (6.8 oz) stirred and aerated all-purpose flour or White Lily
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 7 1/2 ounces (half a can) of Libby's pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. You will be reducing the heat when you put the muffins in, but for this recipe you start them in a hot oven.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter and cut it in with your fingers or a fork until crumbly. Put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir with a mixing spoon until blended.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
- Remove topping from refrigerator and crumble it over the muffins, distributing evenly.
- Put muffins on the center rack in the hot oven. Close the door.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F. and bake for 25 minutes.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/05/basic-pumpkin-muffins-with-streusel-topping/