Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
An easy biscotti recipe made with apricots and almonds.
- 1/3 cup dried apricots
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons well-stirred and aerated all-purpose flour (9.5 oz)**
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large (12x17 inch) rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the apricots into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, vigorously whisk the eggs until foamy. Add brown and granulated sugar and whisk for about 30 seconds, then whisk in the oil and both extracts. Whisk in the salt and baking powder, making sure they don’t clump. With a large spoon or heavy duty scraper, stir in the flour until a sticky dough forms. Stir in the apricots and almonds (and white chips, if using).
- Empty the dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet. With damp hands, form dough into two 8x3 ½ inch rectangles about ½ inch thick. They should be side-by-side on the baking sheet, but space them about 5 inches apart so they'll have room to spread.
- Bake on center rack for 25 minutes. Cool rectangles on baking sheet on a rack 10 minutes. Loosen rectangle from baking sheet with a metal spatula and carefully transfer to a cutting board.
- Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees F.
- Slice rectangles with a non-serrated knife spacing about a half inch between each cut. You should get about 13 pieces per rectangle.
- Arrange biscotti, cut side down, on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes on each side, or until pale golden. Transfer biscotti to rack and cool.
**If you weigh your flour, you don’t have to worry about stirring and aerating before measuring.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/05/apricot-almond-biscotti/