|No Pudge Brownie "Clones" |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 24 mins
Total time: 34 mins
A delicious reduced fat brownie recipe
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour (1.7 ounces) or equivalent (7 T.) cake flour**
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s Extra Dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lightly beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces (or a slightly heaping 1/3 cup) of Greek yogurt or prepared chocolate pudding
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 ½ by 4 ½ inch metal loaf pan with foil and spray with baking spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour through cornstarch) together in a bowl. Make a well in the center and add egg, vanilla and yogurt (or pudding).
- Mix all the ingredients together and stir in the chocolate chips. Spread in the pan and bake in lower third of the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Lift from pan, peel away foil and cut into squares.
I weighed out about 1.7 ounces of White Lily which is more like cake flour, so if you want to use cake flour or whole wheat pastry flour instead of all-purpose, that should be fine. If you have a scale, it's definitely best to weigh the flour.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/06/no-pudge-brownie-clones/