|Loaf Pan Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Fudge brownies with peanut butter marbled through the top. If you like the idea of these brownies but want a smaller batch, make 1/3 of the recipe and bake in a loaf pan for about 22 to 25 minutes.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips, divided use
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt. If using salted butter, use only a pinch
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Line a 13x9 inch pan with nonstick foil or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the butter for 30 seconds on high. Add 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips and stir to coat them with butter. Heat on high again for 30 seconds and stir until chips are melted. If chips aren’t fully melted after you’ve stirred them, microwave for another 10 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, stir or whisk together the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Add the chocolate to the egg mixture and stir until blended.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the flour, the baking powder and the salt together, then stir into the batter until absorbed. Make sure the batter is cool, then toss remaining 1/2 cups chips with remaining 2 tablespoons of flour. Add to the batter and spread evenly in pan.
- Soften the peanut butter for about 5-10 seconds in the microwave. Stir in the corn syrup. Drop little spoonfuls over the batter and pull a knife through very gently to make a marbled or ripple pattern.
- Bake the brownies for about 25 minutes to 30 minutes. Let cool, then chill thoroughly. Lift from pan and cut into squares.
Adapted from a collector's issue of Cooking With Paula Deen.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/06/loaf-pan-peanut-butter-swirl-brownies/