|Mock Buttercream with Marshmallow Fluff |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 6 mins
A very simple icing perfect for piping on top of cupcakes.
- 3 sticks (12 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 16 oz of Marshmallow Fluff or Marshmallow Creme.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until creamy, then add the vanilla.
- Add the Marshmallow Fluff (or Marshmallow Creme) and beat until fluffy.
- Put in a piping bag and pipe on top of cupcakes
- In my opinion, it worked the best on cupcakes. It was fine on a layer cake, but the texture isn't as smooth when spread and it seems to work better when piped out in dollops.
If you're making a small batch of cupcakes or just want to ice 12, scale the recipe down and use 1 stick butter, 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of sugar, and a dash of vanilla. Weigh out 5 1/3 ounces of marshmallow creme using a scale.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/07/quick-mock-buttercream-with-marshmallow-fluff/