|Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Martha Stewart’s Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a blender or coffee grinder, process 3/4 cup oats into a fine meal. Whisk together ground oats, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. With mixer on low, gradually add oat mixture, beating until combined. Fold in raisins, and remaining oats.
- In batches, drop dough in 2-tablespoonful mounds onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are golden brown at edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack 2 minutes, then transfer to rack and let cool completely.
Thanks to Tywana who did some experimenting with oat flour and found that you can substitute 1 cup of oat flour for every 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cups oats. Tywana also noted that adding a little xanthan gum kept the cookies from getting hard.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/08/gluten-free-oatmeal-cookies/