Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 18 mins
A cross between a Snickerdoodle and a ginger cookie.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 2 Land O Lakes® Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups (13.4 oz) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or 1 teaspoon if using unsalted butter)
- 3 tablespoons mild molasses
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
For Rolling: 1/3 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat just until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cream of tartar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until blended. Divide dough in half; place in separate bowls.
- Add molasses to one bowl of dough and stir until it's mixed in. Combine 1/4 cup flour, ginger and cloves and add to the molasses dough, stirring until well mixed
- Twist 3/4-inch pieces of each dough together; roll into about 1 1/4-inch balls, creating a marbled effect. Roll balls in sugar.
- Place, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/08/gingerdoodles/