|Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzels |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 2 mins
Total time: 12 mins
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzels
- 12 regular size pretzel twists (though minis would be great!)
- 6 to 8 oz of chopped dark or semisweet chocolate
- Some creamy peanut butter
- 3 oz (more or less) of chopped white chocolate
- Line a tray or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 50% power, stirring after 30 seconds. Repeat, microwave for another 30 seconds and stirring until completely melted.
- Dip a pretzel in the chocolate and let excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
- Lay it on the parchment paper. Spoon a small amount of chocolate into each pretzel loop -- don't fill it completely, just put in enough to make a "floor" to hold the peanut butter.
- Repeat until you've used all the pretzels, then put them in the refrigerator to set.
- Remove from the refrigerator. Spoon tiny bits of peanut butter into each pretzel loop.
- Return melted chocolate to microwave and heat at 50% power for about 20 seconds to re-soften.
- Spoon chocolate over tops of each pretzel so that it completely covers the peanut butter.
- Return to the refrigerator to set or attempt to let set at room temperature. This will take much longer, but it might give you a shinier pretzel. It really depends on what type of chocolate you are using and whether it was in temper when you put it on.
- When chocolate is set, repeat melting procedure with white chocolate. Drizzle the white chocolate. Scatter a few sprinkles on top if you feel like it, then put in the refrigerator to set.
The chocolate amounts are not precise -- you may need more, you may need less.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/09/chocolate-covered-peanut-butter-pretzels/