Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour
A grilled pound cake made with Crisco oil.
- 1 1/2 cups (6.8 oz) Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour (Pillsbury’s Best is Bleached)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt, regular fat kind not non-fat
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Peel of 1 lemon, grated (I used butternut extract)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (I used vanilla)
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with flour-added cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. I sifted the flour because I’m suddenly in the habit of doing it even though it’s not always necessary if you weigh your flour.
- Combine the yogurt, sugar, eggs, and flavorings in a large bowl; whisk well to blend. Gradually whisk dry ingredients into yogurt mixture. Stir in oil; mix until well combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake until cake begins to pull away from sides and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Using a small, sharp knife, cut around edge of cake to loosen. Turn cake out onto rack; turn upright and cool completely.
- At this point, you can pour icing over it or take it to the next level and grill it. Heat your grill as you usually would, spray grill with cooking spray, and grill slices of cake for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/10/grilled-pound-cake/