|Iced Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Pumpkin chocolate chunk cookies with vanilla icing drizzled or spooned across the top.
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used grapeseed)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (9 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-4 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Mix together the first seven ingredients and blend until smooth. I did this with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients, except chunks; then combine with pumpkin mixture. Add chocolate chips or chunks.
- Drop onto sheets in tablespoon sized drops. Bake for 8-10 minutes (mine took 10). Let cool completely on a rack, then make the glaze.
- In a mixing bowl or large microwave-safe liquid measuring cup, melt the butter. Add the sugar and stir until mixture is like thick dirt, then add cream 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is about the consistency of Elmer's glue. Spoon it over the cookies. You can let the icing set at room temperature or speed things up a bit and throw it in the refrigerator.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/10/iced-pumpkin-chocolate-chunk-cookies/