|Jif Cashew Butter and Jif Almond Butter |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 18 mins
Total time: 33 mins
Flourless fudge brownies made with JIF Almond Butter
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (Hershey’s Dark)
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used 3 T. Natural and 3 T. Dark)
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder, optional
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg plus 2 tablespoons lightly beaten egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2.6 ounces (1/4 cup plus half a generous tablespoon) JIF almond butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter over medium until it melts. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate. Let the chocolate sit in the hot butter for about 2 minutes, then stir until melted and smooth. Stir in the cocoa powder, coffee, salt and vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl using a handheld electric mixer, beat the eggs. Gradually add the granulated sugar, beating constantly. Beat for about 5 minutes – mixture should be very frothy and light. Beat in the almond butter until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture. Divide mixture evenly among cupcake cups (they’ll be a little less than halfway full) and bake on center rack for 18 minutes or until they appear set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. I let mine cool, then chilled them to help develop the fudgy texture.
For 24 brownies, double the recipe (that will be 3 eggs).
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/10/jif-almond-butter-fudge-brownie-cups/