Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
A simple lemon meringue pie made with condensed milk.
- 1 9 inch baked pie crust, pastry or graham cracker
- 1 (14 oz) can of condensed milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mix the condensed milk, egg yolks and lemon juice together in a bowl and pour into the pie crust.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar and cornstarch and beat until peaks are stiff. Beat in the vanilla. Spoon meringue over the pie filling and bake at 325 degrees F. for about 25 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Let the pie cool at room temperature for about an hour, then transfer to the refrigerator and chill for several hours.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/10/an-easy-lemon-meringue-pie-plus-a-great-crust-recipe/