|Ghirardelli Chocolate Peanut Butter-Pretzel Bon Bons |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Chocolate Peanut Butter-Pretzel Bon Bons from Ghirardelli Chocolate.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup crushed pretzels -- but not TOO fine
- 1 12-ounce package Ghirardelli® Dark Melting Wafers
- Line a baking sheet or tray with waxed paper. Alternatively, you can use a couple of plates if a baking sheet won't fit in your refrigerator.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter and cream cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high (100% power) for 30 seconds or until mixture is slightly softened, stirring once. If you have a high powered microwave, start with 10 seconds. Stir in powdered sugar and pretzels. Shape the peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls. Place balls on the prepared baking sheet. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Place Ghirardelli® Dark Melting Wafers in a microwave-safe container. Microwave at half power or defrost setting for 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly (product keeps its original shape until stirred). If not completely melted, continue to microwave at 15 second intervals and stir until smooth. Overheating will cause wafers to burn.
- Using a fork, dip balls into melted mixture, allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Place dipped balls back on baking sheet. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- To store, place in a single layer in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Ghirardelli.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/11/ghirardelli-chocolate-peanut-butter-pretzel-bon-bons/