|Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch Bars |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 11 mins
Half Batch Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch Bars
- 3 1/2 oz semi-sweet chocolate (divided use) or a heaping half cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter plus 1 stick (4 oz) butter
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispy Cereal
- 8 oz peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup to 1 ½ cups powdered sugar (to taste)
- Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick foil or regular foil. If using regular foil, spray it with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 1/2 oz chocolate (or 1/4 cup chips) with 1/2 tablespoon of the butter. Stir in 1/2 cup of the peanut butter. When well mixed, stir in 1 cup cereal. Spread in bottom of pan and chill for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Clean out saucepan and set over medium heat. Add 1 stick (4 oz) of butter and salt. Cook over medium until melted, then stir in remaining 1/2 cup of peanut butter. When smooth, stir in powdered sugar to taste. Pour a little less than half of the peanut butter mixture over the chocolate crispy mixture. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of cereal over peanut butter mixture, pressing it gently into peanut butter mixture.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining 2 oz chocolate. Add melted chocolate to peanut butter mixture and carefully spread over Rice Krispies. This part is a little tricky, as the Rice Krispies want to go with the chocolate peanut butter mixture.
- Chill until set. Lift from pan and cut with a big knife.
- Makes 8-12, depending on how you cut
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/08/peanut-butter-fudge-crunch-bars/