|Chocolate Bourbon Truffles |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 120 mins
Total time: 2 hours 10 mins
An easy chocolate truffle recipe with a hint of bourbon.
- 8 ounces dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped (I used Trader Joe’s Dark)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 12 oz melting disks or whatever you like using for dipping
- 2 oz of white chocolate or white melting disks
- Put the chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl.
- Put the cream in a small saucepan and heat just until it starts to boil. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted, then stir in bourbon. Chill for 30 minutes to an hour, or just until it’s thick enough to scoop. Using a spoon or small cookie scoop, scoop up chocolate and roll it into ball between gloved palms. Chill the chocolate balls for a few hours or until they are very cold and firm.
- Melt your dipping chocolate in the microwave using 50% power and stirring every 30 seconds. Dunk the chocolate balls in the chocolate and lift them out using two forks. Let excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Set on a waxed paper line cookie sheet and chill until firm. Put white chocolate in a zipper bag or heavy duty pastry bag. Put the bag in the microwave for 15 seconds, knead bag, then repeat until white chocolate is melted. Snip off bottom corner (or tip) of bag and let white chocolate cool slightly so it doesn’t come out of the bag too fast. Squeeze it over the dipped truffles and let it set.
- to 25 depending on how big you make them
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/11/chocolate-bourbon-truffles/