|Favorite Vanilla Frosting |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 11 mins
A basic vanilla cream frosting flavored with vanilla bean extract
- 2 sticks (8 oz) butter, softened
- 1 pound (3 3/4 cups) powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract or Sonoma Syrups Vanilla Bean Crush
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoons salt, but only if using unsalted butter
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until it is soft.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, scraping the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla some of the milk. Beat on high until light and creamy, scraping sides of bowl.
- Add remaining milk if needed. Taste test and add more sugar, vanilla or milk to get the consistency you want.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2013/04/favorite-vanilla-frosting/