Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Cola makes the bread dark and adds sweetness.
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons (7.5 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups (8.75 oz) dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed or pureed bananas
- 1/2 cup Coca Cola
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped pecans, if desired
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Grease and flour an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch or a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Line with a strip of parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the oil, brown sugar, vanilla, eggs and bananas.
- Add half the flour mixture and stir until incorporated, then add the Coca Cola and remaining flour mixture and stir until mixed. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour into pan. Bake for about 75 minutes (1 hour and 15 minutes).
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2014/04/beths-cola-banana-bread/