|Amazing Hard Boiled Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Big, fat, chocolate chip cookies made with hard boiled eggs
- 12. 4 oz all purpose bleached flour (2 ¾ cups spooned and swept)
- 8 ounces cold unsalted butter, cut into small chunks (16 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 hard boiled egg, cut into big chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Large handful of chocolate chips
- Combine flour and butter in food processor. Pulse until mixture is mealy and coarse. Add the salt and baking soda and pulse to mix. Add both sugars and hard boiled egg. Pulse again until mixture is mealy looking. Add in the raw egg and vanilla and pulse until mixture just begins to come together.
- Dump mixture into a bowl, add chocolate chips and shape into eight balls. You will see egg whites in dough – they’ll disappear as the cookies bake.
- Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until cookies appear lightly browned around edges. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to rack to finish cooling.
- Important: Let cool completely before serving. The texture gets better as the cookies cool. It’s even better if you cool the cookies, freeze them, then thaw them.
- Makes 8 big cookies
- Note: If you have a convection oven, try convection baking for 18-20 minutes. I tested in both types of oven and liked the convection oven texture a lot.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/10/amazing-hard-boiled-egg-chocolate-chip-cookies/