|Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 70 mins
Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
A delicious banana bread with cream cheese in the batter.
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour (10.1 oz)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana (8 oz)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped (divided use)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon mixed with 1 heaping teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. For a taller loaf, use a slightly smaller pan such as an 8x4 or 8 1/2 by 4 1/2.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add bananas, eggs and vanilla and beat until mixed.
- Add flour mixture and stir until it is almost mixed in. Add the ¾ cup of the pecans and stir pecans mixed and flour has disappeared - -batter should still be pretty lumpy.
- Pour into pan. Toss remaining 1/4 cup pecans with cinnamon/sugar mixture and sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Makes 1 loaf
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/10/cream-cheese-banana-nut-bread/