Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
The recipe is a half (and modified) version of a popular bread from allrecipes.com. I used white whole wheat flour in place of all-purpose, so I like to think it's a little more wholesome. It definitely taste good and is kid-approved. Since this recipe was such a hit, I'd like to find another one with a little less sugar. Fuzz’s Whole Grain Pumpkin Bread
- 1 3/4 cup white whole grain flour (7.8 oz) Or regular all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (half a can)
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch metal loaf pan or spray with flour-added cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Whisk together oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin and water in a mixing bowl. Add the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Transfer mixture to loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until done.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/10/fuzzs-pumpkin-bread/