|Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus an extra pinch
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 2/3 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Have ready two ungreased baking sheets.
- In a large bowl beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir by hand until blended. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/11/cindy-mccains-butterscotch/