Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 180 mins
Total time: 3 hours 10 mins
Giant peanut butter cookies made with whole grain or white whole wheat flour and stuffed with all kinds of good candy.
- 4 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Skippy Natural)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon half and half cream or whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat, white whole grain, or all-purpose flour, stirred and aerated before measuring
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, frozen OR Reese's Minis
- 2.5 oz finely chopped dark chocolate or 1/2 cup extra dark chocolate chips
- Reese’s Pieces ( as many as you want)
- Do not preheat oven yet, as dough needs to chill.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter, peanut butter and both sugars until creamy. Beat in vanilla, egg, molasses and cream (or whole milk). Beat in salt, baking soda and baking powder, scraping sides of bowl to make sure ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add flour and stir until mixed. Stir in frozen peanut butter cups and chopped chocolate.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours. Using about a quarter cup (2 oz) measure, shape into mounds. Chill the mounds until ready to bake or go ahead and bake them. Before baking, decorate tops with Reese’s Pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line two baking sheets with nonstick foil or parchment paper. Arrange the mounds about 2 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake one sheet at a time on center rack for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies appear set and edges are nicely browned. Let cool on baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
The cook time includes the time needed to chill the dough.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/12/get-well-soon-cookies/